On 20th July 2018, members of HIA QLD came together to recognise the achievements of exceptional women across the state’s supply chain and residential building industry.
HIA Executive Director Warwick Temby said “Kaitlyn Moore who won the top award for Professional Woman of the Year, is a tremendous example of what women can achieve in what is still a very male-dominated industry.
“Kaitlyn’s determination and business acumen have seen her operation grow from her garage to a manufacturer supplying PVC column forms throughout Australia.
“Other award winners include a plumber, a lawyer, a builder and those in office-based roles.
“This is the fourth year that HIA has hosted these Awards, and the response and calibre of nominations received from across the industry have been exceptional.
“We must do everything we can to encourage women into the industry at all levels to ensure that there is an adequate supply of skills to meet the future demand for housing in the State” Mr Temby concluded.
2018 winners of the award included:
- Professional Woman of the Year and Professional Business Woman – Kaitlyn Moore, Director of O’Connell Agencies
- Outstanding Achievement in Manufacturing and Supply – Sonja Pressler-McHugh, Director of McHugh Steel & Astro Steel Building Products
- Executive Administration – Ralia Brewer, Building Support Manager for Metricon Homes QLD Pty. Ltd.
- Business Development Professional, Corporate – Leonie Chesterton, State Manager for Guest Group
- Business Development Professional, Small Business – Alyssa Pepper, Business Owner of Hotondo Homes Sunshine Coast
- Professional Tradeswoman – Rachael Keiley, Business Owner & Plumber of Demeter Constructions
- Exceptional Young Woman in Industry – Arlia Boulton, Business & Operations Manager for BOLD Properties QLD
- Professional Services, Corporate – Aditi Saha, Leading Electrical Associate in Aurecon’s Brisbane Built Environment Team
- Professional Services, Small Business – Aleisha Mackenzie, Director of Construct Law Group
The following winners were awarded Recognition of Industry Contribution
- Megan Smith-Roberts, Construction Traineeship Co-ordinator for MARIST180
- Rachael Keiley, Business Owner & Plumber of Demeter Constructions
- Tracie Rodwell-Dunne, Director & Senior Interior Designer
For more information, visit HIA.com.au
For more news, check out our articles.